As an avid breakfast lover, I am always searching for new and exciting ways to start my day. Recently, I stumbled upon a delicious recipe that has quickly become a staple in my breakfast routine – baked breakfast taquitos. These taquitos are a perfect combination of savory and sweet, making them a satisfying and filling breakfast option. In this article, I will share with you everything you need to know about baked breakfast taquitos, including what they are, the benefits of incorporating them into your breakfast routine, how to make them, and some variations and tips to make sure you get the perfect taquito every time.
What are Baked Breakfast Taquitos?
If you’ve never heard of baked breakfast taquitos before, you’re in for a treat! Essentially, a taquito is a rolled-up tortilla filled with various ingredients, often including meat and cheese. In this case, we’re putting a breakfast twist on the classic taquito by filling it with scrambled eggs, cheese, and bacon (or any other breakfast protein you prefer). The taquitos are then baked in the oven until crispy, resulting in a delicious and satisfying breakfast option.
Benefits of Baked Breakfast Taquitos
One of the key benefits of baked breakfast taquitos is their versatility. They can be filled with a variety of ingredients, making them a great option for picky eaters or those with dietary restrictions. Additionally, they are easy to make in large batches, making them a great option for meal prep or feeding a crowd.
Another benefit of baked breakfast taquitos is their portability. They are easy to grab and go, making them a great option for busy mornings or on-the-go breakfasts. Additionally, they can be reheated in the oven or microwave, making them a convenient option for breakfast throughout the week.
To make baked breakfast taquitos, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 8-10 small flour tortillas
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled (or any other breakfast protein you prefer)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make Baked Breakfast Taquitos
Making baked breakfast taquitos is a simple and straightforward process. Here’s how to do it:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, and crumbled bacon. Mix until well combined.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to make them more pliable.
- Spoon the egg and cheese mixture onto each tortilla, spreading it evenly down the center.
- Roll up each tortilla tightly and place seam-side down on a lined baking sheet.
- Brush each taquito with a small amount of olive oil or cooking spray.
- Bake the taquitos for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve immediately with your favorite breakfast sides, such as salsa, guacamole, or sour cream.
Baking and Serving Baked Breakfast Taquitos
Once your baked breakfast taquitos are done baking, it’s time to serve them up! They are delicious on their own, but you can also serve them with a variety of breakfast sides to make them even more satisfying. Some great options include salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or even a side of fresh fruit.
One of the great things about baked breakfast taquitos is their versatility. Here are a few variations you can try to mix things up:
- Swap out the bacon for sausage or ham.
- Add diced peppers or onions to the egg and cheese mixture.
- Use a spicy cheese blend for a little extra kick.
- Serve with a side of hot sauce for those who like things spicy.
Tips for making perfect Baked Breakfast Taquitos
While baked breakfast taquitos are a relatively simple recipe, there are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind to ensure that they turn out perfectly every time:
- Use small flour tortillas for the best results.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave before filling them to make them more pliable.
- Don’t overfill the tortillas, or they may burst open during baking.
- Brush each taquito with a small amount of oil or cooking spray to help them crisp up in the oven.
- Bake the taquitos on a lined baking sheet to prevent sticking.
While baked breakfast taquitos are certainly a delicious breakfast option, they also offer some health benefits. Eggs are a great source of protein, and the addition of cheese and bacon (or other breakfast protein) provides additional protein and healthy fats. Additionally, by baking the taquitos instead of frying them, you can reduce the overall calorie and fat content.
Baked breakfast taquitos are a delicious and satisfying twist on traditional breakfast foods. They are easy to make, versatile, and perfect for on-the-go breakfasts. By following the tips and variations outlined in this article, you can create a variety of delicious breakfast options that are sure to become a new favorite in your morning routine. Try making them this week and see for yourself how delicious and easy they are!